Alec Baldwin: No charges in photog incident

Image copyright AFP Image caption The actor drove away following an incident with Baldwin, according to TMZ Prosecutors in Los Angeles, California, say they do not plan to charge Alec Baldwin after he said…

Alec Baldwin: No charges in photog incident

Image copyright AFP Image caption The actor drove away following an incident with Baldwin, according to TMZ

Prosecutors in Los Angeles, California, say they do not plan to charge Alec Baldwin after he said they had “nothing to prove” in a spat with a photographer.

The 30 Rock actor and his wife Hilaria flew to Los Angeles after his son, Rafael, was grazed by a bullet in July.

The police investigated the incident, but no charges have been brought.

After the inquiry had closed, Baldwin said the photographer, Chris Capozziello, was “the most dangerous man on the planet”.

“Chris Capozziello, die of cancer.”

A prosecutor told the Los Angeles Times that the actor would be freed if he completed a “redress program” within two years.

“We’re not trying to create sympathy for someone who was acting recklessly,” said Jane Robison, chief of staff for Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey.

The actor, who plays President Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live, is expected to undergo a 90-day psychological evaluation to determine if he meets the criteria for a “mental state incapacitated by mental disease or defect”.

“He understands what he did and where it came from and we don’t believe that he’s going to be a danger to himself or anyone else,” Ms Robison said.

Another lawyer for Hilaria Baldwin suggested the “spiritual practices” his client had taken up could be a key reason Alec Baldwin had changed his behaviour.

“I’m always waiting for someone to point out that my two boys have been involved in physical altercations and assault. And in neither instance has the chief prosecutor come after me, try to strip me of custody of my children, or try to treat them as if they’re criminals,” she said.

Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Alec and Hilaria were with their two children after the incident

In July, police were called to the Los Angeles mansion of Alec Baldwin and Hilaria after a gunshot was fired near his daughter Carmen.

However, the actor was never questioned over the incident.

The 42-year-old had earlier tweeted “That’s not a gun, that’s a violin. Choose the weapon wisely, pal.”

Carmen, then seven, lives with her parents and often appears on social media.

Alec Baldwin and Hilaria live in the wealthy neighbourhood of Chappaqua, New York, close to where US President Donald Trump’s family live.

Hilaria Baldwin gave birth to the couple’s second child a year ago. Alec plays Donald Trump in NBC’s Saturday Night Live.

Leave a Comment